quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] Feature: Patch groups

From: Baruch Even
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Feature: Patch groups
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 00:10:44 +0000

Hello,

I was going to suggest a feature to allow patch groups by grouping the patches in directories.

But then I decided to test it and it just works, but since I saw no documentation of this I thought I'd mention it in the mailing list for future searches.

The idea is to group different patches in subdirectories, so in my case where I develop on htcp, and need performance fixes related to sack, and on top of that I have web100 and my own performance meter tools I have the following structure:
patches/
patches/htcp/
patches/sack/
patches/web100/
patches/instrument/

And in each directory I put the files for that group, you can do that easily as:
quilt add sack/new_sack_improvement.patch

FYI.

Baruch