quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt new overrides SUBDIR

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt new overrides SUBDIR
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:57:02 +0200

On Sunday 11 July 2004 23:43, Joe Green wrote:
> I noticed that if you're not in the top directory of a quilt tree, quilt
> "new" will override the SUBDIR and create a new patch directory in the
> current directory.

... and it will print a warning.

> I don't know what the reason for this is.
> Everything seems to work find when I remove the override with the
> attached patch.

Indeed. The idea behind this was as follows: If a patches sub-directory exists
further up the tree but not in the root of the working tree, the new command
will break out of the working tree and create patches further up the tree. I
repeatedly stumbled over this problem in the beginning. (The import command
has the same problem, but it currently has no workaround.)

Cheers,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden>
SUSE Labs, SUSE LINUX AG