quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] Additional checks in rpatch.in

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Additional checks in rpatch.in
Date: 23 Oct 2003 00:38:00 +0200

Hello,

I was just checking your changes to rpatch.in. You check for corruption
in the series file and backup directory. I have the following changes in
mind, which would make those additional checks obsolete:

  - The .pc/applied-patches directory ought to contain the real
    patch names, so that looking into the series file becomes
    unnecessary.

  - I would very much like to get rid of the .pc/*/.pc files (the lists
    of files that a patch contains), and look into the backup
    directories instead. This would speed up things.

In addition, the .pc/patches-per-file database is complicated, and this
cache is not always updated correctly. The cache helps with very many
patches, but it is pretty useless for small/medium-size projects. I
think the cache is too hard to get right to justify the effort of fixing
it. So I would like to get rid of it.

Cheers,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden>