quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Did you test wiggle ?

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Did you test wiggle ?
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:36:15 +0200

On Monday 30 June 2003 18:29, Martin Quinson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to know if someone on the list already tested the wiggle tool
> (Wiggle is a program for applying patches that 'patch' cannot apply due to
> conflicting changes in the original.)
>
> I would love a support to it in quilt, if feasible. For example as
> alternative to quilt push -f...

I think wiggle would make sense in combination with quilt. I didn't try wiggle
yet, but from the documentation available it all seems to make sense.

As far as GNU patch is concerned, I am currently using a patch that generates
reject files in unified format. I think this is useful, and I am pushing it
upstream. I also have a patch that puts all rejects in the same file, instead
of a reject file for each source file. I'm not sure if and how quilt could
support that.

Cheers,
Andreas.