qsos-general

Re: [QSOS-general] Template für architectur e visualisizers/UML tools

From: Michael Hablich
Subject: Re: [QSOS-general] Template für architectur e visualisizers/UML tools
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 20:57:30 +0200

Hi,

yes, checked it beforehand. There is very useful information in it. According to the wiki page I should check with the mailing list too :-)

@Olivia

Architecture recovery deals with the problem domain of reconstructing the design information with the help of the binaries/source code. It is a sub topic of reverse engineering.

Take into account the following optimal SE process: Requirement gathering --> Designing the software --> Implementing the software --> Testing the software --> Deployment --> Everybody is happy

So, AR is going from step 3 to step 2. The classical (and academical) approach for designing a software product is via UML diagrams.

There exist several tools for exploring the architecture of some software. Part of my goal is assessing them. For this comparison I want to use QSOS :-).

Best regards,
Michael