qpimd-users

[qpimd-users] qpimd in FreeBSD?

From: bored to death
Subject: [qpimd-users] qpimd in FreeBSD?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 04:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

hi everybody,

i'm having a quagga router on FreeBSD for my company for a while now. for some reasons i now need to add PIM support to my router. i googled and found this fine qpimd patch for quagga that seems to be my only change to have PIM support with quagga. i downloaded qpimd source for "quagga-0.99.15" and applied the patch file and the it executed successfully. but now quagga doesn't build and returns errors about aclocal and automake versions and existence and other build-related stuff, and i couldn't make it work.

so here are my questions:
1-the documentation says qpimd is for linux. can the patch file be used on FreeBSD too, or it doesn't work there?
2-if the answer of 1 is no, is there any modified qpimd patch or other source that could be applied in FreeBSD?
3-how can i get rid of these ugly build-related errors after applying the patch. or is there any version of qpimd patch that doesn't modify these things in quagga Makefiles?

i would appreciate any hints or suggestions.
thank you.