qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] Unable to route multicast video streams using qpimd.

From: Yoda geek
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] Unable to route multicast video streams using qpimd.
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 02:02:04 -0700

Hi Everton,

Thanks for the suggestions. I made the changes to the config files on both nodes as you suggested. Since it is not possible for me to force the client to do a source specific join I added the following line at interface ra_ap0 on node 2 where the client is attached:

interface ra_ap0
ip igmp
ip igmp query-interval 125
ip igmp query-max-response-time-dsec 100
ip igmp join 239.255.255.250 192.168.4.60

I do see the source-specific IGMPv3 join group 239.255.255.250 for source 192.168.4.60 which is addressed to 224.0.0.22 on the side of node2. However this join request never makes it to node 1 where the source is located on ra_ap0.
Shouldn't the pimd route this join request to the node where the source is attached ?

Thanks,