qpimd-users

Re: [qpimd-users] self as a neighbor

From: Everton Marques
Subject: Re: [qpimd-users] self as a neighbor
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:21:38 -0300

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Andrew Lunn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Is the daemon supposed to have itself as a neighbor?
(...)
> Looking at the logs, i think it is receiving its own multicasted Hello
> message and not discarding it.

Yes, the issue you spotted remains to be fixed. Since as far
as I can tell it is not harmful, I've been postponing its fix in
favor of pursuing other problems from the pimd/TODO list.

If you feel that such a bogus neighboring is causing trouble
and thus should be handled sooner, let me know.
Or please contribute a patch. :)

> maybe related, the next line in the log is:
>
> 2009/04/14 15:17:36 PIM: pim_neighbor_update: internal error: trying to
> replace same prefix list=0

The log message is unrelated to the self-neighboring issue.
Please ignore it, as it is a stale debugging hook I am supposed
to clean-up...

Cheers,
Everton