[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH 11/14] hw/display/vmware_vga: Let the PCI device own its I/O
Re: [PATCH 11/14] hw/display/vmware_vga: Let the PCI device own its I/O MemoryRegion
Tue, 26 May 2020 12:47:48 +0200
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:16:19AM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> On 5/26/20 10:01 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 08:22:49AM +0200, Philippe Mathieu-DaudÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â©
> > wrote:
> >> To avoid the orphan I/O memory region being added in the /unattached
> >> QOM container, register the PCI device as its owner.
> >> Signed-off-by: Philippe Mathieu-DaudÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â© <address@hidden>
> >> ---
> >> RFC: This might break migration
> > --verbose please. This doesn't touch the live migration data stream?
> Oops, this is an I/O region... I was confused by this warning form Peter:
> But it is restricted to RAM regions, so this patch is harmless.
Yes, for ram regions this is a problem, this is why vga has
global_vmstate. No problem for io. Series looks fine then.
- [PATCH 05/14] hw/display/cirrus_vga: Use qemu_log_mask(ERROR) instead of debug printf, (continued)
- [PATCH 12/14] hw/display/exynos4210_fimd: Use qemu_log_mask(GUEST_ERROR), Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, 2020/05/26
- [PATCH 13/14] hw/display/omap_dss: Replace fprintf() call by qemu_log_mask(LOG_UNIMP), Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, 2020/05/26
- [PATCH 14/14] hw/display/pxa2xx_lcd: Replace printf() call by qemu_log_mask(), Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, 2020/05/26
- Re: [PATCH 00/14] hw/display: Omnibus cleanups, Gerd Hoffmann, 2020/05/26
- Re: [PATCH 00/14] hw/display: Omnibus cleanups, no-reply, 2020/05/26