qemu-riscv

Modelling core local interrupts

From: vysakh pillai
Subject: Modelling core local interrupts
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:45:50 -0700

Hi,
I am looking for some reference code that will let me hook up a peripheral to the core local interrupt controller. I want to avoid going through the PLIC for modeling some simpler peripherals that directly interrupt the CPU.

The polar fire SoC datasheet says " 48 interrupts from peripherals are directly connected as Local interrupts to each processor core". But the mpsoc machine model seems to be configuring everything via the PLIC. I also could not find peripherals being connected to the CLIC in any other machine model.

Is the CLIC currently not modelled in RISC-V QEMU? OR, does the PLIC model behave similarly to CLIC in the current model?

Vysakh P Pillai