qemu-riscv

SiFive U SPI and SD

From: Nikita Ermakov
Subject: SiFive U SPI and SD
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 15:18:16 +0300

Hello!

I am trying to make an SD card working on the sifive_u SoC machine.
As far as I understand there is no way to connect an SD card to the SoC with cmdline for now. So, I started to dig in to the QEMU internals and especially sifive_u SoC implementation to try to understand how I could connect SD card to this SoC.

From what I understood I need to:
1) Implement SiFive U SPI controller.
2) Implement spi-sd adapter in a way like the hw/sd/ssi-sd.c

Probably I should merge 1) and 2) into one hw/riscv/sifive_u_spi.c source file.

Could somebody correct me please if I am wrong at some point?
I am newbie in the QEMU internals :)

The purpose is why I want to implement this is to boot up the Linux kernel on '-machine sifive_u' and load rootfs from SD.

--
Thanks,
Nikita