Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] ELF load command alignment not page-aligned

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] ELF load command alignment not page-aligned
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 12:40:22 +0100

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 11:49, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:

> Cc'ing PPC folks and Laurent.
>
> On 9/16/19 11:06 PM, Niccolò Belli wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to use qemu-user-static to chroot into a foreign amd64
> > environment from my ppc64le host.
> > The host has a 64k page size, while x86_64 uses 4k.
> > I get those errors while loading shared libraries: "ELF load command
> > alignment not page-aligned"
> > Is there any way to fix this? I cannot simply switch to 4k page size
> > because my btrfs filesystem won't mount anymore (it requires the
> > sectorsize to be equal to the page size).

I vaguely recall that the answer is that we don't really
support running a linux-user guest which has a smaller page
size than the host. There are some sort-of-hacks in the code,
so some simple cases might more-or-less work, but I'm not
very surprised that you've run into something that doesn't
work.

Cc:ing Richard who probably has a more accurate answer.

thanks
-- PMM