Re: [Qemu-ppc] BSD

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] BSD
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 20:27:57 +0100

On 12/07/17 20:55, Макс Волошин wrote:

> Any luck running BSD on qemu-ppc? FreeBSD 10 gives panic with exception
> 0x300 (data storage interrupt), NetBSD  ond OpenBSD do not boot at all.

>From my local OpenBIOS tests on QEMU 2.9 and later:

- FreeBSD PPC panics on boot just after initialising the display (not
sure why, but if someone were interested on the FreeBSD PPC mailing list
I don't think it would be a hard fix)

- The OpenBSD PPC bootloader requires OpenBIOS to implement the
dma-alloc word which hasn't yet been done, but in theory shouldn't be
too difficult if someone was interested enough to do it

- My NetBSD PPC test image boots fine, although I think it is 2-3
versions old

ATB,

Mark.