Re: [Qemu-ppc] Enabling Debugging?

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Enabling Debugging?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 20:43:44 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 1 Feb 2017, Jd Lyons wrote:
On mac99 I've found that these patches to OpenBIOS were necessary to
get USB working (also the other two mentioned in the commit message):
https://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/openbios/2017-January/009867.htm
<https://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/openbios/2017-January/009867.htm>

Thanks for the reply, sorry, 404 error on the above link.

It's .html not .htm

How do I find Ben’s brach, I know dumb question, but, I’ve always had trouble getting git to download a brach, and I have no clue where the bench is.

Have you tried searching? Also checking the archives of this list? It's at
https://github.com/ozbenh/qemu/tree/wip
(There's also a corresponding openbios branch there under
https://github.com/ozbenh/openbios
and you should understand the patches if you want to port them to current versions or just try using these as they are. Mix and match these with other versions could result in all kinds of problems unless you know what you are doing.)

It seems that v1.x of Sever is hardcoded to create a ADBKbd and mouse, likely if it detects Via-Cuda, or add in the device tree, I bet USB kbd/m won’t even work on Server v1.x, on a real Beige G3. I removed the ADB keyboard and mouse from the device tree, and Sever still listed them in a verbose boot. I’m not sure if it’s BootX or the Kernel, but the adb kbd is address@hidden, and the mouse is address@hidden in Qemu, and I think it it may need to be address@hidden for Server v1.x. That’s the only thing I can think of, why it’s not working.

No idea, but maybe it does not care about the device tree for kbd and mouse once it finds the ADB bus, it may just probe for the devices. So removing it from the device tree does not prevent OS X from finding the kbd or mouse unless you also remove the adb node. (Or if it's hard coded to look for ADB on cuda then even that may not make a difference.)

But if it's not working with this OS even on real hardware then it may not be the best test case to try to fix this. You'd better of with something known working on real hardware.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan