[Qemu-ppc] Possible reason why Mac OS 10.0 fails to boot

From: Programmingkid
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Possible reason why Mac OS 10.0 fails to boot
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 00:13:11 -0400

I have been looking into why Mac OS 10.0 fails to boot. The kernel extension that causes Mac OS 10.0 to panic is called AppleHeathrow.kext. The exact line of code that causes it to crash is in a method called Heathrow::getInterruptControllerName(). When this function tries to access the gIODTDefaultInterruptController variable, a panic takes place. The address of this variable is around 3313684 or 0x329014. I am thinking this is a region where global variables are kept. Using the 'info mtree' command in the Monitor didn't reveal anything helpful. But there are also several items listed in the output that doesn't have a memory address region displayed. I'm thinking the kernel is placing global variables in a region of memory that QEMU or something else is already using. Would anyone know a way to verify this. The address in question is 0x329014. Any help would be great.