[Qemu-ppc] How to write bare-metal hello world program for qemu-system-p

From: Kaiyuan
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] How to write bare-metal hello world program for qemu-system-ppc
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 21:12:47 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hello, all

I have added a custom device to PowerPC board hw/ppc/virtex_ml507.c. The next
step for me is to verify the function of this new device by writing a demo
program. The problem for me is that I am newbie to bare-metal programming
without OS/bootloader and PowerPC assembly language and how to write demo.

I googled out some posts for beginner like
http://www.opensourceforu.com/2011/07/qemu-for-embedded-systems-development-part-2/

This is a hello world tutorial for qemu-system-arm. But I don't know how to
port it to PowerPC environment because the assemblies are different between ARM
and PowerPC.

How to write a bare-metal program that prints "hello, world" to serial port for
qemu-system-ppc? Could you give some suggestions?

Thanks,
Kaiyuan Liang