[Qemu-ppc] PPC 440 unexpected value in excp_vectors after mtspr

From: Pierre Mallard
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] PPC 440 unexpected value in excp_vectors after mtspr
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 01:58:27 +0200

Hi guys,

Again a newbee question for exception vectors :

qemu-2.1.0, ppc440, machine virtex_ml507 (slightly modifyed to boot with bios only)

Xilkernel set the exception vector [13] to be 0xd0 by calling :
mtspr 413 r0, with r0 set to 0xd0

After execution of this instruction, value of env->excp_vector[13] is 0xC0

Unfortunately, code running after gen_mtspr is still very obscure to me, and I can't figure out why env->excp_vector[13] is not set to 0xD0.

Thanks for any help
Pierre