Re: [Qemu-ppc] [OpenBIOS] Running client with MMU off

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [OpenBIOS] Running client with MMU off
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:20:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014, Alexander Graf wrote:
You could enable write protection on the first page before you enter the payload. Then you could unprotect it and disable interrupts as soon as someone wrote to it. I guess that'd be a pretty solid hack.

Good idea, I'll look into this. But 0x00-0xff is reserved for operating system use and MorphOS does write to 0x80 before touching the vectors (that's why I can't just check from the DSI handler). Can I selectively enable writes on a write protected page? (I'll need to read about it some more.)

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan