Re: [Qemu-ppc] macio ide question/bug report

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] macio ide question/bug report
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 17:25:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 May 2014, Programmingkid wrote:
On May 7, 2014, at 6:12 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Also if you want to test changes to this code, I highly recommend sourcing a
copy of the old darwinppc-602.iso file as both that and PPC OS X generate
huge sets of unaligned accesses in this way.

I've downloaded this and the latest 802 version of these images and tried
it with my OpenBIOS modifications. They seem to get to the same point as
with the stock QEMU version. Neither of them give me a login prompt though
with or without modifications to OpenBIOS. Are these supposed to work or
working as much as before is enough of a test?

I just tested Darwin 8.0.1, it boots up quickly to the installer. I am using version QEMU v1.5.5 so that could be why it works.

Can you please be more specific about what image did you test and can you try on the latest QEMU release or git HEAD too? I was trying images downloaded from here: https://opensource.apple.com/static/iso/

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan