Re: [Qemu-ppc] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 03:43:43 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
overwrites part of the exception_return code of openbios so the next time it gets a DSI exception and is trying to run this code it leads to an invalid opcode exception and that's it.

Actually if I restore the overwritten word in memory it runs further until it prints "console failed".

Hmm... Does anyone actually reads this list or am I talking to myself here?

Debugging it further shows that despite not finding a compatible Radeon graphics adapter it continues further and only stops after trying to identify/initialise the CPU. I still have no fix for the zeroing the 0x80 address causes an exception problem.

Is is possible to use pci passthrough to make a graphics card available to the guest? Was it tested recently on ppc? Is there any documentation on how to do it? In case I can find a compatible card I might try to see if that would work.

Also I've found that the MorphOS kernel looks for a device within /pci with a class-code == 0x0780 (other communication device) for a serial port where it may display some debug info. Unfortunately there is no such device on QEMU. Is there an easy way to add one? Can someone verify if this is present on Mac hardware or does it expect some third party serial card for debugging? Having some debug printout might help debugging this further.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan