[Qemu-ppc] Thank You to our contributors

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Thank You to our contributors
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:39:37 +0100

Hello,

I'd like to use #ilovefs day [1] to say a big Thank You to all QEMU
contributors. Especially all that don't work on QEMU as their main job
but still take the time to send in occasional bug fixes or to implement
cool new features.

QEMU has grown from a hobby project of a small group of people to a
de-facto standard in Open Source emulation; in particular virtualization
in the enterprise requiring a robust out-of-the-box solution on one
hand, and as an Open Source project allowing customizable cores and
boards for the embedded industry on the other, appear to have largely
contributed to that success. For a fact there has been a large increase
in mailing list volume over time [2], so bear with us and the processes
we have put in place to help handle this; your contributions are truly
appreciated!
And if patches appear to fall through the cracks, don't be discouraged
and remind us, so that we can figure out some solution and make QEMU
suitable for use cases we might have not yet run into or thought of
ourselves.

If you're not a contributor yet but still like our Free Software as is,
feel encouraged to share your appreciation in your blog, on social media
or in a talk, sharing with the world how QEMU helps you. :-)

Best regards,

Andreas

[1] http://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/2014/ilovefs.en.html
[2] http://gmane.org/plot-rate.php?group=gmane.comp.emulators.qemu