Re: [Qemu-ppc] How to run ppc405ep in ppcemb mode

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] How to run ppc405ep in ppcemb mode
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:00:23 -0500

Am 20.09.2013 um 05:14 schrieb Sijia Li <address@hidden>:

> Hi:
>
> It seems like since the QEMU 1.1, board ref405ep has been moved to
> qemu-system-ppc model, not qemu-system-ppcemb any more. And the timer of
> powerpc 405ep has been changed to booke style timer, not the old universal
> timer. That makes some trouble to me, the old assembly can't set the wakeup
> time to the new timer, so that the timer can interrupt the processor in some
> time .
>
> Is it possible to run ppc405ep in ppcemb mode, so that I could use the old
> timer as before?

The only difference between ppcemb and ppc is that ppcemb supports 1k guest
page size granularity. So all of your issues should be independent of the
ppc/ppcemb difference.

That said, I'd be more than happy to receive patches that fix ppc405ep support
if you encounter anything broken. It's currently a reasonably orphaned target.

Alex