Re: [Qemu-ppc] Customize QEMU

From: Sijia Li
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Customize QEMU
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 15:44:58 +0200

On 12/07/13 13:32, Alexander Graf wrote:

Am 12.07.2013 um 09:25 schrieb Sijia Li <address@hidden>:

Hi:

Recently I plan to customize QEMU for my own embedded system. The content of
customization is to add a new QEMU monitor command, so that I can use this
command to directly modify the value of specific main memory space. I know it's
dangerous to directly write in memory. But I really need this function. Could
you give me some tutorial about memory management of QEMU and how to add new
QEMU monitor command so that I could know how to customize QEMU, eg, which lib
I should call in QEMU?
Can't you do what you need to do already through the gdbstub?

Alex

And BTW, my specific board is ref405ep.

Best Regards
Sijia Li

I don't think so. Because the content should be written in memory is large and it should be written fast and I hope I can use this function even though in other platform, eg, ARM architecture emulated in QEMU. So I think if possible, I would prefer to write specific value through QEMU monitor command.