Re: [Qemu-ppc] Changing CD-ROM path

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Changing CD-ROM path
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 21:09:49 +0200

On 22.06.2013, at 21:04, Programmingkid wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2013, at 2:05 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:

>>> XNU (Mac OS X's kernel) prints this line to the screen:
>>> From path: “ide1/@0:9,\mach_kernel”, Waiting on <dict
>>> ID=”0”><key>IOPathMatch</key><string
>>> ID=”1”>IODeviceTree:/pci/mac-io/address@hidden/@0:9</string></dict>
>>>
>>> The key IOPathMatch means the location of the cdrom has to be at a certain
>>> location. In this case it is /pci/mac-io/address@hidden/@0:9.
>>
>> Yes, but I don't see where Mac OS X has this hardcoded. It gets passed in
>> somehow.
>
> I think a kernel extension does it. I don't know which one.

Well, I've tried to grep through the full file system of the 10.2 ISO and don't
find anything that would indicate the path above. It has to come from somewhere

>> What machine type is this? g3beige?
>
> g3beige.
>
>> On there, I don't see an ide1 alias anywhere:
>>
>> 0 > dev /aliases  ok
>> 0 > ls
>> ok
>> 0 > .properties
>> name                      "aliases"
>> screen                    "/address@hidden/address@hidden/escc/ch-b"
>> mac-io                    "/address@hidden/address@hidden"
>> via-cuda                  "/address@hidden/address@hidden/via-cuda"
>> adb-keyboard
>> "/address@hidden/address@hidden/via-cuda/adb/keyboard"
>> adb-mouse                 "/address@hidden/address@hidden/via-cuda/adb/mouse"
>> rtc                       "/address@hidden/address@hidden/via-cuda/rtc"
>> nvram                     "/address@hidden/address@hidden/nvram"
>> ttya                      "/address@hidden/address@hidden/escc/ch-a"
>> scca                      "/address@hidden/address@hidden/escc/ch-a"
>> ttyb                      "/address@hidden/address@hidden/escc/ch-b"
>> sccb                      "/address@hidden/address@hidden/escc/ch-b"
>> ide0                      "/address@hidden/address@hidden/ata-2/cdrom"
>> cd                        "/address@hidden/address@hidden/ata-2/cdrom"
>> cdrom                     "/address@hidden/address@hidden/ata-2/cdrom"
>> keyboard
>> "/address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden/adb/address@hidden"
>> ok
>>
>> Somehow Mac OS resolves "ide1" into "/pci/mac-io/address@hidden". That's the
>> part where the logic fails.
>
> Do you think adding ide1 to the /aliases node will fix things? I guessing
> ide1 should equal ide0. The problem I see with this plan is the pci-ata node.
> A real Beige G3 doesn't have one in that path.

I think it's worth a try. It looks almost as if ide0 is a misnomer and it
really should be ide1 there. Not sure.

How do you enable verbose boot in bootx?

Alex