Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of more PPC64 insns

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] Incorrect handling of more PPC64 insns
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:39:06 +0100

On 7 May 2013 11:27, Torbjorn Granlund <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alexander Graf <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   There's a certain chance that happens, yes. We don't have instruction
>   test suites for the PPC target.
>
> There certainly are more bugs.  GMP still crashes all over the place.

If you want to more seriously test the PPC instructions
it might be worth extending risu to cope with more than
just the ARM architecture...
 https://wiki.linaro.org/PeterMaydell/Risu
That would be a moderate chunk of work -- about 300 lines
of C code in the client, plus refactoring the generator
perl script to separate out the architecture-dependent
bits and add ppc support. The advantage is that once
you've done it it's very easy to add support for testing
a single instruction, provided you have a known-good
hardware implementation to be the reference.

(one day soon I will have to make it cope with aarch64)

-- PMM