Re: [Qemu-ppc] pSeries target

From: folkert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] pSeries target
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 01:08:50 +0200

> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > I noticed the pseries target is not in 1.2.50 from git (pulled
> > yesterday).
>
> It should be there. But it disables itself when it doesn't find libfdt.

That indeed fixed it.

> > I'm trying to use the pSeries target with QEMU 1.1.
> > qemu-system-ppc64: -device
> > scsi-cd,scsi-cd.drive=/home/folkert/CD51025.iso: No 'SCSI' bus found for
> > device 'scsi-cd'
>
> Just use -cdrom :)

That gives more results. But it seems to hang itself up just after the
cdrom boot message. Did some strace magic and saw that it only open()'s
the cdrom file but not actually reads anything from it:

address@hidden:~/qemu$ /usr/local/qemu/bin/qemu-system-ppc64 -M pseries -cpu
POWER7_v2.3 -m 512 -cdrom /home/folkert/CD51025.iso -boot order=d,menu=on
-nographic
Warning: Disabling some instructions which are not emulated by TCG (0x0, 0x6)

SLOF **********************************************************************
QEMU Starting
 Build Date = Jul 31 2012 16:44:54
 FW Version = git-f21f7a3f46b557eb
 Press "s" to enter Open Firmware.

Populating /vdevice methods
Populating /vdevice/address@hidden
Populating /vdevice/address@hidden
Populating /vdevice/address@hidden
VSCSI: Initializing
VSCSI: Looking for devices
  8200000000000000 CD-ROM   : "QEMU     QEMU CD-ROM      1.2."
Populating /address@hidden
 Adapters on 0800000020000001
                     None
No NVRAM common partition, re-initializing...
Using default console: /vdevice/address@hidden

  Welcome to Open Firmware

  Copyright (c) 2004, 2011 IBM Corporation All rights reserved.
  This program and the accompanying materials are made available
  under the terms of the BSD License available at
  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

Trying to load:  from: cdrom ...

[and then nothing]

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail är en flexibel redskap för att fälja logfilar, utför av
commandoer, filtrera, ge färg, sammanfoga, o.s.v. följa.