Re: [Qemu-ppc] Regression in ppc-softmmu when running HelenOS

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Regression in ppc-softmmu when running HelenOS
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:54:25 +0000

On 12/03/12 19:33, Alexander Graf wrote:

(Cc: to helenos-devel@)

I tried your patch with the latest HelenOS mainline. The user experience
seems the same compared to what you get with Qemu 0.11.1, meaning that
in both cases the clock seems to go too fast (could be a HelenOS bug),
but otherwise the system boots and runs fine.

So we are losing an MSR bit. Please try to find out which one it is.

Hi Alex,

I can have a look at this and see if I can come up with something better. However I am a little confused by your original patch which looks something like this:

/* new srr1 value excluding must-be-zero bits */
msr = env->msr & ~0x783f0000ULL;

/* new interrupt handler msr */
new_msr = env->msr & ((target_ulong)1 << MSR_ME);
/* Save MSR */
env->spr[srr1] = msr;
env->msr = new_msr & env->msr_mask;

Based upon the logic at http://www.systemcomputing.org/ppc/ppc4.htm then it would imply that env->msr should be placed unaltered into srr1 and then the must-be-zero bits just masked out on new_msr? Or am I missing something here?

ATB,

Mark.