Re: [Qemu-ppc] qemu-system-ppc unable to boot past "returning from prom_

From: Prasad Deshpande
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] qemu-system-ppc unable to boot past "returning from prom_init"
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 06:36:09 -0800 (PST)

Thanks. I tried what you suggested but it didn't make a difference. I can see the option being passed to the kernel (>> [ppc] Kernel command line: console=ttyPZ0)

Is there a way to see the kernel printk() somewhere if they are enabled?

I enabled kernel debug info and attached GDB. Using GDB I found that it was an unsupported machine type. I am now trying to build the kernel for mpc8544ds

[~/Work/t/os-ppc-linux] qemu-system-ppc -M ?
Supported machines are:
virtex-ml507 Xilinx Virtex ML507 reference design
mpc8544ds  mpc8544ds
prep       PowerPC PREP platform
g3beige    Heathrow based PowerMAC (default)
mac99      Mac99 based PowerMAC
bamboo     bamboo (alias of bamboo-0.13)
bamboo-0.13 bamboo
bamboo-0.12 bamboo
ref405ep   ref405ep
taihu      taihu