Sharing guest VPN resources to host

From: Vincenzo Caselli
Subject: Sharing guest VPN resources to host
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 10:18:07 +0100

Hi,
I am new to QEMU/KVM and would like to have some info before trying to switch from VirtualBox, for a particular use case.
Currently, I have a VirtualBox image running Windows 10 with a custom VPN installed on it, that can work only in that specific guest image.
In order to share the guest VPN URLs with the Linux host I have found a workaround on VirtualBox, consisting of creating two networks (NAT and Host-only), as described here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53573337/how-to-share-guest-vms-vpn-connection-with-host

This is indeed working, but:
I am thinking to convert this guest image into a QEMU/KVM image, at least hoping to improve performances.
Regarding the specific problem on sharing guest vpn resources with the host, what can be done with QEMU/KVM ?
Can this sharing be more direct?
Thank you very much
Vincenzo