Re: dropping 32-bit host support

From: Andrew Randrianasulu
Subject: Re: dropping 32-bit host support
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 15:12:09 +0300

пт, 17 мар. 2023 г., 13:54 Alberto Garcia <berto@igalia.com>:
On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 11:03:51AM +0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> To be honest after sleeping over problem I found situation beyond
> ridiculous.

In the course of this thread you have had some of the most active and
knowledgeable QEMU developers explain you in a very reasonable way
the problems that the project is having and the reasons behind the
decision to deprecate 32-bit host support.

While it is perfectly understandable that you are unhappy with the
loss of a certain feature, your attitude towards the people who are
doing the actual hard work of keeping the project running

May be running project *that* hard actually not very good idea, too. We are not supposed to die for some business, I hope?

 has been
that of contempt ("the project needs different developer culture")

This was probably badly worded - I mean culture of dividing all patches into very  small pieces and running full compile pipeline on each  nano-change  very often.

I consider this bad idea, from cpu time/energy consumption standpoint.

and
of uniformed suggestions ("maybe the CI system should tweak the ccache
settings").

I would ask you to please reconsider before going on like this and to
think twice about whether venting your frustrations in this mailing
list is helpful or useful for anyone else.

Here is our (?) qemu running on DOS.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=12035

Please note that myself is also qemu contributor, even if minor (search mail list for my soname)

Regards,

Berto