Re: qemu-i386 crash on signal handler return

From: Tavis Ormandy
Subject: Re: qemu-i386 crash on signal handler return
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 16:24:05 -0000 (UTC)

On 2022-10-02, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 04:41, Tavis Ormandy <taviso@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I'm trying to use qemu-i386 on aarch64 to run an old binary and
>> running into a crash.
>
> 5.2 is a couple of years old now -- does the same bug still repro on
> 7.1 or head-of-git ?

Oops, you're right - I'm not usually a Debian user and thought I was
using backports, and apparently I messed that up. Fixing that and the
minimized testcase works.

Unfortunately my binary still doesn't work, but fails in a different
way! I'll try to minimize that one instead.

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger taviso@sdf.org