Re: Guest Ubuntu 18.04 fails to boot with -serial mon:stdio, cannot find

From: David Fernandez
Subject: Re: Guest Ubuntu 18.04 fails to boot with -serial mon:stdio, cannot find ttyS0.
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:11:02 +0000

On 12/11/2021 10:27, Thomas Huth wrote:
> [No suele recibir correo electrónico de thuth@redhat.com. Obtenga
> información acerca de por qué esto es importante en
> http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification.]
>
> On 11/11/2021 17.10, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Nov 2021 at 18:05, David Fernandez
>> <david.fernandez@sen.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ../configure \
>>
>>>     --enable-lto \
>>
>> Does disabling LTO make a difference? That's about the only
>> thing in the configure options that stands out as maybe
>> making a difference.
>
> Please don't use LTO on non-x86 hosts, there are some known problems with
> these optimizations (though the symptoms look rather differently to
> what has
> been described here).
>
>  Thomas

Sure, as mentioned in my previous response, it was only available for
the branched versions, but not available anymore for v5.2.0 and v6.1.0
or top of master, which are the latest ones I have been testing.

I did see also problems with lto when compiling for arm, so I tend to be
away from them, but I did try it as I assumed people use it in general.

Regards