Add Custom Machine in Qemu-4.2.0 or newer

From: abhijeet inamdar
Subject: Add Custom Machine in Qemu-4.2.0 or newer
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:03:44 +0100

Hi,

I have a hardware which I want to emulate on QEMU based on arm Cortex M3. I tried to follow the examples like mps2 or stellaris.

I'm finding it really hard to figure out how can I test the devices/peripherals I add to the machine. As the binary which I have contains all major protocols like UART, I2C, CAN, ADC, SPI....etc. and is it something that untill and unless I implementation all these into my machine it won't run(makes sense!).

Is there any way here or how actually I have to approach this?

Any input would be appreciated.

BR.
Abhijeet.