RE: "Your network is probably not using DHCP protocol" during ubuntu ins

From: ckim
Subject: RE: "Your network is probably not using DHCP protocol" during ubuntu install on qemu virtual machine
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 15:22:55 +0900

Hi, qemu experts and users,

I tried the same install procedure below in my main ubuntu 20.04 machine (intel).

And this time the DHCP network setting is successful. (I remember last time it had no problem hence I’m doing experiments there..)

The dhcp setting problem during ubuntu install occurs only when I do it on my arm64 machine, ubuntu-20.04.

So problem is at the host side. Regarding dhcp, I checked both machines had isc-dhcp-client, isc-dhcp-common packages installed, though they don’t seem relevant.

What could make this difference?

Any suggestion will be deeply appreciated. (I need to use this kvm mode in arm64 machine because it’s much faster).

Thank you! And have nice weekend!

Chan Kim