terminal line wraps to the same line, not openning a new line when it re

From: ckim
Subject: terminal line wraps to the same line, not openning a new line when it reaches the bottom of terminal..
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 13:22:04 +0900

Hi all,

I’ve installed ubuntu 20.04 on an aarch64 virtual machine.

(using qemu-5.1.0, and referencing https://futurewei-cloud.github.io/ARM-Datacenter/qemu/how-to-launch-aarch64-vm/).

This is the launch command to boot with installed ubuntu..

./qemu-system-aarch64 -nographic -machine virt,gic-version=max -m 512M -cpu max -smp 4 \

-netdev user,id=vnet,hostfwd=:127.0.0.1:0-:22 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=vnet \

-drive file=virt-ubuntu-20.04-image.img,if=none,id=drive0,cache=writeback -device virtio-blk,drive=drive0,bootindex=0 \

-drive file=flash0.img,format=raw,if=pflash -drive file=flash1.img,format=raw,if=pflash

The login prompt comes up and I can login and use the shell.

But when the shell prompt reaches the bottom of my terminal, the input characters wrap to the beginning of the same line, not opening a new line below, overwriting the start of line characters.

And it looks like the column width is set to 80 (the wrap position).

How can I make the terminal work correctly?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chan Kim