Re: After having stopped virtual-manager, I can't use command line QEMU:

From: Pascal
Subject: Re: After having stopped virtual-manager, I can't use command line QEMU: “Failed to get shared ”write“ lock Is another process using the image”
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:45:14 +0200

hi,
if it is installed on your system, `lsof` may tell you which process blocks (uses) your file...
regards.

Le sam. 10 juil. 2021 à 16:02, gustavklopp <gustavklopp@gmx.com> a écrit :
Hi!
I've launched a virtual image through the software virtual-manager (it's a GUI allowing to launch your virtual images).

I've stopped normally the image and close the software virtual-manager.

But now, I can't use QEMU directly in commandline to start this virtual image (by doing qemu-system-x86_64 ....):

Failed to get shared "write" lock
Is another process using the image [./ubuntu.qcow2]?

I've tried to restart, I've stopped any services:  sudo systemctl stop virtlogd.service && sudo systemctl stop libvirtd.service.

I've checked also the permissions (but it doesn't seem to be related):

-rw------- 1 thephi thephi  21G jul 10 05:24 ubuntu.qcow2

Thanks!