Re: Bug reporter?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Bug reporter?
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 11:31:25 +0100

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 at 11:18, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@zoho.com> wrote:
> "For problems with KVM in the kernel, use the kernel bug tracker
> instead; the KVM wiki has the details."
>
> I am using qemu-kvm
>
> Is that something else?

Usually "qemu-kvm" is a wrapper script provided by distros
for backwards-compatibility with the time many years ago when
"qemu-kvm" was something separate from "QEMU". If you're using
a distro QEMU then you should probably start by reporting a
bug with your distro.

If you're using upstream QEMU and you're not sure if some
behaviour is a bug in the kernel or in QEMU, start by reporting
it against QEMU; we can diagnose further from there.

If you're using KVM in the kernel with some userspace component
other than QEMU (eg with 'kvmtool' or 'firecracker'), start
by reporting a bug against that other userspace component.

thanks