Re: how to make qemu build use libfdt in the qemu source dtc/libfdt and

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: how to make qemu build use libfdt in the qemu source dtc/libfdt and not the one in the OS?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 20:01:45 +0200

On 16/06/2021 04.01, ckim@etri.re.kr wrote:
Hello

I’m using qemu-5.1.0 on ubuntu 20.04.

Today while analyzing create_fdt function for arm virt machine, I found the source under dtc/libfdt were not being used during the build.

(If I make an error intentionally in the source, it doesn’t complain)

It seems that because I installed libfdt on my ubuntu system, the qemu build is using the libfdt in the OS, not the one in qemu source.

To make it back to use libfdt in qemu source, how should I do it?

I've never tried, but you could try running the "configure" script with:

 --enable-fdt=git

 HTH,
  Thomas