Re: Date/Time 4 hours ahead - Ubuntu 20 host/ Windows 10 guest

From: Philipp Ammann
Subject: Re: Date/Time 4 hours ahead - Ubuntu 20 host/ Windows 10 guest
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:54:01 +0000

Am 07.06.21 um 21:26 schrieb Weiss, Howard:
> Whenever I start my guest OS, the date/time is 4 hours ahead.  I disable
> synchronization with Internet Time and correct the date/time, then
> restarted the guest.  The time reverted to being 4 hours ahead.

Do you live on the US East Coast? ;-P Try telling Windows that its BIOS
is using UTC:

https://superuser.com/questions/975717/does-windows-10-support-utc-as-bios-time

Alternatively you can tell qemu to use local time as the RTC base:

  https://qemu-project.gitlab.io/qemu/system/invocation.html

(grep for -rtc)

-- Philipp