Re: Windows 9x - which graphic?

From: Philipp Ammann
Subject: Re: Windows 9x - which graphic?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 18:15:50 +0000

Am 07.06.21 um 16:27 schrieb Simon Becherer:
> I tried minport vbe driver
> (https://web.archive.org/web/20191129030225/https://bearwindows.zcm.com.au/vbe9x.htm#2)
> with cirrus/vga/vmga card
> and cirrus driver with cirrus card - but without sucess.
> Both 95 and 98 hangs during shutting down :(
>
> Any hints?

Cirrus should work fine with the stock drivers included in Windows.
Personally I'm using vmware with the official VMware driver. You can
extract the driver for Win9x from preWin2k.iso shipped with VMware.

Bonus: set vmport=on (may be default) an install the vmmouse driver from
said ISO, and try vmxnet3 if you need networking.