Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: looking to run qemu in kvm mode on neoverse ARM64 wit

From: Pranith Kumar
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: looking to run qemu in kvm mode on neoverse ARM64 with ubuntu 21.04
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 17:25:33 -0700

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 5:22 PM Robert Henry <robhenry@microsoft.com> wrote:

On ThunderX2, please use version 2. I am not sure if version 3 is supported.

Invoking in thunderx2, machine virt,gic-version=2 gives me the error message:

qemu-system-aarch64: host does not support in-kernel GICv2 emulation

Which version of qemu and kernel does your host have? I don't have access to a TX2 system anymore, but I recall it worked.

Does it work if there is no gic argument?