Re: Connection of a qemu guest to the 'net.

From: Steve Litt
Subject: Re: Connection of a qemu guest to the 'net.
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 17:27:52 -0400

Berto Furth said on Fri, 19 Mar 2021 07:59:31 +1100

>Hi Peter,
>
>So just to get to your last point first again
>
>"network script /etc/qemu-ifup failed with status 256"
>
>might mean that qemu couldn't find the script or the file isn't
>executable.
>
>Can you try again making sure that the /etc/qemu-ifup script exists,
>that it's first line is "!#/bin/sh" and that it's executable (chmod
>a+x /etc/sh")

[snip continuing refinement of the solution]

Peter, when you've solved this thing could you please either document
it clearly, or explain it in an email so I can document it the way I
documented the bridge solution? There need to be clear docs on how to
do this, so nobody else ever again has to go through what you've been
going through.

I congratulate you on your stick-to-it-ness, and those who have helped
you on their expertise. This is a great thread.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt