Re: Emulate pc speaker in QEMU on MacBook Pro?

From: Will Senn
Subject: Re: Emulate pc speaker in QEMU on MacBook Pro?
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 13:23:55 -0500

On 10/8/20 1:18 PM, Will Senn wrote:
On 10/8/20 1:01 PM, Volker Rümelin wrote:
Hi Will I expected you have working audio playback with these qemu command line arguments. To exclude a problem with your guest please run 'Day 1 - F-Bird' from the QEMU Advent Calendar 2018. I know this program uses the pc speaker.
Well, I thought you were pulling my leg, with the greek 'Day 1 - F-Bird' stuff, but a google search led the way to the Advent Calendar, and lo and behold, It works!

qemu-system-x86_64 -audiodev coreaudio,id=audio0 -machine pcspk-audiodev=audio0 -fda fbird.com

Volker and Zoltan,

To wrap this up, fbird.com works in dos and I have sound. So, consider this issue resolved! Thanks for your help and patience. Now, I just gotta figure out what's wrong with my beeping (not bleeping) assembly code :).

Will