Re: Question about QEmu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Question about QEmu
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:25:21 +0100

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 15:19, Vinayak Deshmukh <vinanurvi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your help!
> However, I actually have followed this exact instruction and built an image
> for ls1046ardb and it turned out to be just for bootstrapping real board,not
> for QEMU simulation.

Check out the notes in the QEMU documentation about
choosing a board model:
https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/target-arm.html#choosing-a-board-model

In particular, unless QEMU has a model of the particular hardware
board, then it won't be able to run an image built for that board.
So you need to build an image for a board type that QEMU does
simulate if you want to run on QEMU. QEMU (at least upstream QEMU)
doesn't have a model of the ls1046ardb, I'm afraid.

thanks