how to get a more stable version of the qemu driver for the usb 3 contro

From: Mario Marietto
Subject: how to get a more stable version of the qemu driver for the usb 3 controller.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 22:21:28 +0200

Hello to everyone.

I'm trying to connect two kinects 2 to a two different qemu-kvm virtual machines. On the first one VM I have passed the IGD video card from ubuntu to windows 10,following this tutorial :

https://blog.tmm.cx/2020/05/15/passing-an-intel-gpu-to-a-linux-kvm-virtual-machine/

and on the second vm I have passed the geforce RTX 2080 ti. The result is that the kinect 2 that's attached to the vm where I have passed the RTX 2080 it has a stable connection. While,the kinect 2 attached to the vm where I have passed the IGD gets disconnected as soon as I run the kinect verifier. I read somewhere that the problem could be the qemu driver for the USB 3 controller,because it is bugged.

This is the qemu version that I'm using :

root@ziomario-z390aoruspro:/etc/xen# /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 --version  QEMU emulator

version 4.2.0 (Debian 1:4.2-3ubuntu6.3)  Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers

I would like to know if I will get a more stable driver of the usb 3 controller if I make the upgrade of qemu and or kvm or what ever else. thanks.