Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.

From: DC
Subject: Re: How to add files to an existing img partition.
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 13:54:21 -0400

"Windows98 do not know NTFS. They only know FAT12/16/32, with support
for long filenames strapped on (the original DOS could not do that)."

You're correct.  If you look at the tab in the previous attachment that
displays Ultimate Imager and Win98, it is indeed Fat32.  I just took whatever
the defaults were, in both cases.

"It is rather ironic that you're having a problem with long filenames
on NTFS = the partition produced by Windows XP."

No.  I don't think it has anything to do with long filenames.  It wants to
rename C:\Windows - which is within 8 characters as '0', as I recall.

It's some other problem.  As you mentioned, PowerISO might not support NTFS, in
exactly the way we expect.