Qemu not responding

From: Mark Miller
Subject: Qemu not responding
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 12:36:46 -0400

Have a work machine without admin access or virtualization support.  Have tried Solaris and Linux.  OpenSUSE x64, CentOS x64 and i386 7.7, Solaris 11.

Common problem is qemu stops responding and I have to terminate the process.  I can usually get through the install process but can never get to where I log in to the desktop.  It hangs most of the time.

I've reviewed command line parameters but can't find something helpful.