Android Virtual Device Confusion

From: Ben Polson
Subject: Android Virtual Device Confusion
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 16:05:19 -0500

Hello!

I'm having difficulty troubleshooting an issue with Android Studio/Android Virtual Devices.

The main issue is that sound won't play from the Emulated Android Device. My issue seems very similar to this persons:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60356100/android-emulator-no-sound-in-ubuntu/60516650#60516650

In my poking around I found this issue which felt like it might be close to the solution, but I didn't know how to translate this solution to the Android environment

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1184086/unable-to-start-kvm-qemu-4-0-because-of-pulseaudio-after-upgrade-to-ubuntu-19

Any insight would be much appreciated. I'm also asking in Android discussions if anybody has run into similar things.