Re: Is there a risk for filesystem errors?

From: Som Tecnologia
Subject: Re: Is there a risk for filesystem errors?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:42:45 +0100

Same as unplug power cable.
Guest OS performs i/o operations while it's running; when guest macine
is stopped, guest OS (and its kernel) is stopped and it can't commit
more data to disk: This means that if there was data pending to commit
to leave a consistent filesystem, this data will not be recorded to
virtual/disk.

Ext4 filesystem does journaling by default, and this keeps a consistent
filesystem independently to data meaning: If you unplug power cable,
jornal will be flushed on next boot and leave consistency at filesystem
level.
NTFS I suppose the same.

El 31/1/20 a les 11:22, Kai Peter ha escrit:

--
Salutacions,