New Hoomin With Question

From: Kathryn Szkotnicki
Subject: New Hoomin With Question
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 14:21:46 -0500

Hi!

I'm super close to getting QEMU to run Panther as a guest OS on Sierra/High Sierra (I'm sandboxing on an older machine to work the bugs out before I do it on my main tower.) I am missing a flag somewhere and I'm not sure where to look -- When I make a virtual Hard Drive and format it, the Panther install says that I can't use this disk, that it's not a valid startup disk and I can't install OSX on the drive.  I'm not sure if there is some sort of permissions flag I need to set under the hood of QEMU or if this is a weird Apple thing? I've tried both MacOS and MacOS Journaled for the file system.

Thoughts? This sounds like a fun new toy for me to play with, but want to get the basics down first!

Thanks!

Cat